CÎROC VS FATHER'S DAY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS OF CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA, DALLAS, TEXAS OR ATLANTA, GEORGIA. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Each city includes (but is not limited to) the major towns adjacent to same as follows:
Major Adjacent Towns
Concord, Gastonia, Huntersville, Kannapolis, Matthews, Monroe, Mooresville
Arlington, Ft. Worth, Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, McKinney, Mesquite, Plano
Alpharetta, Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Johns Creek, Roswell, Sandy Springs,
1.ENTRY: This Contest begins on May 27, 2021 on or after 12:01 p.m. Eastern Time (ET)/11:01 a.m. Central Time (CT) and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. (ET)/10:59:59 a.m. (CT) on June 10, 2021. To enter the Contest, "follow" the official CÎROC Instagram page, @ciroc (www.instagram.com/ciroc) or the official CÎROC Twitter page, @Ciroc (https://twitter.com/Ciroc), if you do not already. As a requirement to follow CÎROC on Instagram or Twitter, you must first verify that you are of legal age to consume alcohol beverages as per the functionality of the corresponding social media platform. Then, post a photo of your very special Dad -your father or someone else who is "like a father" to you** (with a message expressing your gratitude to them) along with the hashtags #CIROCVSCONTEST and #VerySpecialDads.†
**"Like a father" refers to someone who fulfills the customary roles/responsibilities associated with a paternal parent although not technically related to entrant. IN ALL CASES IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, "FATHER" OR "DAD" EXPRESSLY INCLUDES AN INDIVIDUAL WHO IS "LIKE A FATHER" TO ENTRANT.
You (i.e., the entrant) must be a registered member of Instagram or Twitter in order to participate in the Contest. Membership on Instagram and Twitter is free. But, for optimal use of Instagram, a compatible mobile device is required to download and use the Instagram app. Wireless Internet access and/or other fees may apply. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding your pricing plan. Not all cellular phone providers carry necessary service to use a mobile device to enter the Contest. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas.
† YOU MUST INCLUDE THE HASHTAG #CIROCVSCONTEST WHEN POSTING YOUR PHOTO AND MESSAGE SO THAT THE PUBLIC READILY UNDERSTANDS THAT, IN POSTING THE PHOTO/MESSAGE, YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN A PROMOTIONAL CONTEST IN SUPPORT OF DIAGEO AMERICAS, INC.'S CÎROC VS FRENCH BRANDY PRODUCT. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, AN ENTRANT IF HE/SHE POSTS A PHOTO AND MESSAGE WITHOUT INCLUDING THE HASHTAG #CIROCVSCONTEST.
One (1) entry per person. A person may enter by posting a qualifying photo/message on either Instagram or Twitter, but NOT on both social media platforms. In addition:
(a) only one (1) father may be identified in an entry;
(b) the entry limit does not prevent a father from submitting an entry identifying his father as a very special Dad; and
(c) two (2) different persons may submit an entry identifying the same person as a father (however, the volume of entries identifying a given person as a father will NOT be taken into account in the judging; see Rule 3 below for judging criteria).
Violation of the preceding restrictions on entry may result in disqualification of entry, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
By posting a photo/message as a Contest Entry, you agree that
(a) you have obtained the prior consent of the father identified therein, with the understanding that Sponsor will condition award of the prize upon the father (as well as the winning entrant) signing an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful) as per Rule 3 below;‡
(b) any and all information included in the message is true and correct, to the best of your knowledge and belief (DO NOT EXAGGERATE OR EMBELLISH YOUR FATHER'S ATTRIBUTES OR ACCOMPLISHMENTS)‡ and
(c) your Contest Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may declare your Contest Entry void and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that your Contest Entry fails to conform, for any reason Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion, to these Official Rules.
‡It is strongly recommended that you share the photo and message with your father BEFORE posting it on Instagram or Twitter and entering same in the Contest as well as confirming that your father is comfortable in being associated with CÎROC VS French brandy. In any event, do NOT reveal or show private/personal or embarrassing information about your father in the photo and/or message submitted as a Contest Entry.
Sponsor is not responsible for telephone or cell phone service disruptions or other equipment or service issues that might affect a person's ability to post a qualifying photo/message and enter the Contest or the ability of the Sponsor to notify the winners. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, corrupted, jumbled, garbled, incomplete (including those which omit the required hashtags), inaccessible, incorrect entries or other Contest materials, all of which are void. Facsimiles or mechanical reproductions will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor may acknowledge receipt of entry (perhaps by commenting on same) but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation of eligibility for the Contest or selection of entry as a potential prize winner in the Contest.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded per city, for a total of three (3) Grand Prizes. Each Grand Prize consists of:
(a) for the winning entrant: CÎROC VS prize pack (including CÎROC VS branded gear and merchandise), with an approximate retail value of $100; AND
(b) for the father identified in the winning entry: his photo being displayed on a billboard advertising CÎROC VS French brandy (this prize element does not have any retail value).
Alcohol beverages are NOT part of the prize.
CÎROC VS prize pack will only be shipped to winning entrant at a street address in the corresponding city; be it Charlotte, North Carolina; Dallas, Texas; or Atlanta, Georgia.
With the sole exceptions of winning entrant's message and provision of a photo of his/her father as per Rule 3 below, Sponsor will determine any and all aspects of "billboard" element of Grand Prize without the review or approval of winner and/or his/her father. The preceding includes without limitation:
(a) the content of the billboard, including copy advertising CÎROC VS French brandy, the inclusion of the photo of the father and the message from the winning entry (either of which may be modified in Sponsor's sole discretion) therein;
(b) the area and exact site within the corresponding city where the billboard will be displayed;
(c) the anticipated duration of display of the billboard;
(d) the attribution to winner (if any) and identification by name/nickname (or otherwise, beyond the photo itself) of winner's father.
For the avoidance of doubt, inclusion of winner's father on billboard does NOT make him an employee or independent contractor of Diageo Americas, Inc. under any legal theory nor will winner's father receive any compensation, consideration or other payment of any kind relative to the "billboard" element of the prize.
Sponsor disclaims any and all liability for the maintenance of the billboard, with the understanding that the billboard may be affected by myriad elements beyond Sponsor's control including without limitation:
(a) inclement weather;
(b) modifications mandated by governmental authority/edict and/or by the third party owner of the billboard; and
(c) acts of vandalism
Sponsor shall have fulfilled its prize obligation to winner and winner's father by arranging for winner's father to be identified on the billboard subject to the normal terms and conditions of the rental of billboard space from the third party owner of same.
3. WINNER DETERMINATION: One (1) winning entry will be selected per city via judging, to be conducted by an independent, third party judging agency and representatives of the CÎROC VS brand team; the decisions of the judging panel will be final in all matters relating to this Contest. The judging criteria are:
In the unlikely event of a tie in a given city, the winning entry for that city shall be the tied entry which had the higher/highest score in the criterion of "communication of how/why entrant's father is special."
The winners (for clarity, the individuals submitting the winning entries) will be notified by direct message via Instagram or Twitter (depending on social media platform utilized to enter the Contest) beginning on June 10, 2021 (after 11:59:59 a.m. ET/10:59:59 a.m. CT)/ BE SURE THAT YOUR ACCOUNT PRIVACY SETTINGS ALLOW FOR THE OFFICIAL CÎROC PAGE ON INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER TO CONTACT YOU VIA DIRECT MESSAGE. Sponsor disclaims any and all liability due to inability to contact selected potential prize winners via direct message, regardless of cause.
Winner along with his/her father must sign an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release (where lawful), along with a photo of his/her father which is conducive to reproduction and display on a billboard, within two (2) days of notification of winner or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsor's sole discretion, time permitting. If winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be contacted within one (1) day of notification, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion (again, time permitting). In all cases of prize forfeiture, Sponsor disclaims any and all liability to winner and/or his/her father under any legal theory.
Each winner (and his/her father) agrees that an electronic signature/affirmation or facsimile signature on the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release shall have the same legal force and effect as a hand-signed document. Notwithstanding the foregoing, should Sponsor determine in its sole discretion that the electronically signed/affirmed/facsimile signed version of the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release is not acceptable, Sponsor may condition award of prize on return of the actual hand-signed document.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes consent of winner and his/her father to use of their names, likenesses and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation (and, in the case of winner's father, without ANY compensation). Such use includes but is not limited to depiction of winner's father on a billboard as per Rule 2 above. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the promotion without notice or further obligation.
4. CONTEST ENTRIES: All materials, documents, information and data submitted by entrant in connection with this Contest, including the Contest Entry are the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering the Contest, entrants represent and warrant that their Contest Entry is their sole, original work and that it does not infringe upon the rights of any other party, including but not limited to any intellectual property, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any other party. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant further represents and warrants that any person(s) referenced or depicted in his/her entry (including but not limited to his/her father) has given his or her express written consent to the reference/depiction and use as contemplated by these Official Rules and that entrant has obtained written permission for such use from any such person. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, edit and/or modify Contest Entry in any way, in whole or in part, and to use such Contest Entry, and any ideas or concepts contained therein, in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the official CÎROC pages on social media platforms (including but not limited to Instagram and Twitter), the CÎROC website and/or on Sponsor's other website(s), without limitation or compensation to the entrant (or his/her father) and without right of notice, review or approval of any such use of the Contest Entry. Submission of a Contest Entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in and to the Contest Entry, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and proprietary rights worldwide and to use his/her best efforts to facilitate a similar grant of rights from his/her father. (The preceding is subject only to the rights of Facebook, Inc./Instagram and Twitter, Inc. in their respective social media platforms). Any content, material or information included in Contest Entry shall not be confidential, proprietary or trade secret. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant consents to Sponsor's use, reproduction and disclosure of the Contest Entry, and ideas, concepts or other materials contained therein, for any purpose, including any commercial purpose. ANY CONTEST ENTRY THAT CONTAINS THIRD PARTY WORKS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS, TRADE NAMES, LOGOS OR SIMILAR BRAND IDENTIFYING MARKS, TRADE SECRETS OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS WILL NOT CONSTITUTE A VALID CONTEST ENTRY.
The photo and message must be created solely by the entrant. By submitting an entry, entrant represents and warrants that: (i) his/her photo and message are the sole and original creation of the entrant and have not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (ii) the entry does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, trade name, trade secret or other proprietary right of any person or entity (including but not limited to entrant's father); and (iii) any person(s) referenced or depicted in the photo/message (including but not limited to entrant's father) has given his or her express written consent to its submission into the Contest and use as contemplated by these Official Rules and by posting any photo/message that contains the name, image or other reference/depiction to any person, you hereby represent and warrant that you have obtained such written permission. Any photo that contains third party works, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, similar brand identifying marks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights will not constitute a valid Contest Entry.
Photos containing full or partial nudity, defined as the display of the genitals, pubic area, vulva, anus, or anal cleft with less than a fully opaque covering or the showing of the breast with less than a fully opaque covering of any part of the nipple, or any lewd or sexually suggestive gesture will be disqualified. No photo or message shall (a) depict or reference persons consuming alcoholic beverages; (b) depict or reference persons conducting themselves in an inappropriate manner; (c) contain material that would imply that the consumption of alcoholic beverages is acceptable before or while operating machinery, driving a vehicle or undertaking any other activity that requires a high degree of alertness or physical coordination; (d) contain any material that would degrade or demean the human form, image or status of women, men or the members of any group based on race, religion, ethnic background, sexual orientation or any other minority status; or (e) include a reference to or depiction of any person who appears to be under 21 years of age. Obscene, provocative, lewd or otherwise objectionable content or those which reflect poorly on the CÎROC VS French brandy brand will not be considered and the determination of the appropriateness of any photo/message is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or the judging panel. In addition to voiding of Contest Entry, Sponsor reserves the right to petition Facebook/Instagram, Inc. or Twitter, Inc. (as applicable) to remove the objectionable photo from its social media platform.
5. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of the cities of Charlotte, North Carolina; Dallas, Texas; and Atlanta, Georgia (including surrounding towns as per Rule 1 above) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the following entities and members of their families or households are not eligible for participation under any circumstances: Diageo Americas, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, otherwise related companies, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, alcohol beverage suppliers, importers, wholesalers, distributors or retailers. For clarity, the preceding restrictions on Contest eligibility apply both to entrants themselves and their fathers. All federal, state and local laws apply.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entry in the Contest constitutes an entrant's full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor's sole discretion. (For clarity, no cash equivalent will be awarded in lieu of "billboard" element of prize as it has no retail value.) Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any applicable federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner's sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of winner and/or his/her father. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, winner and his/her father shall authorize this background check; winner and his/her father further agree to fully cooperate with the conduct of the background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify winner and his/her father based on the background check (or should either fail to authorize conduct of the background check), with the understanding that Sponsor shall have no liability under any legal theory to winner or his/her father in conjunction therewith. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
Entrants hereby agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor, Facebook, Inc./Instagram, and Twitter, Inc. harmless from and against any third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties and representations set forth above and/or participation in this Contest (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any prize awarded (including any travel or activity related thereto). Sponsor makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind (including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose) regarding the prize or any element thereof.
The value of the prize won by an entrant in the Contest may be taxable as income to its winner. Upon receipt of prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
In consideration of his/her receipt of any prize, prize winner for himself or herself and his or her guest, heirs, personal representatives and assigns shall voluntarily and knowingly completely and forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor and all related parties, as well as Facebook, Inc./Instagram and Twitter, Inc. from and against any and every kind of claim, demand, injury, costs, attorney fees, right, liability or cause of action or other liabilities of whatever kind or nature, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or not fixed, which the prize winner ever had, now has or might in the future have arising in any way or related to this Contest, including, but not limited to, prize winner's participation in the Contest; prize winner's Contest entry; use of prize winner's name, likeness, biographical information, signature, image or likeness; prize winner's receipt, use or inability to use any prize or part thereof, including but not limited to injury or loss sustained in any travel related to the prize; financial claims; physical and/or emotional injury; and/or any other legal claim that may arise, whether under contract, tort, warranty or any other theory or claim.
7. ELECTRONIC ENTRIES: In the event of a dispute, entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Instagram or Twitter handle (as applicable) used to enter the Contest. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, or incomplete entries, or for entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries. (The preceding includes but is not limited to filtering or other operation of the functionality of Instagram or Twitter.) Sponsor is also not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Instagram or Twitter users or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Contest, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE/MOBILE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Winners' List: For winners' list, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to ___________, P.O. Box 1008, Rocky Hill, CT 06067-1008. All requests for the winners' list must be postmarked by July 12, 2021 and received by July 26, 2021.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.
Sponsor: Diageo Americas, Inc., New York, NY.
CÎROC VS French Brandy. 40% Alc/Vol. Imported by Cîroc Distilling Company, New York, NY.
Celebrate Life Responsibly.